Have Marijuana Stock Investors Turned To Scalping?
When people are looking for marijuana stocks to buy they want to invest in what will give the best return. On the road to investing in the cannabis sector and taking profits, there are many variables to consider. Initially, you want to learn about the marijuana stocks you feel would hold the most value to you. Learn what the company does are they profitable out of the market and progressing inside of the cannabis industry? Often times when a company does well as a business it can have a positive impact on how the company will trade.
This isn’t always the case but for marijuana stocks, history has shown otherwise. Also, certain factors outside of the company’s control can likewise be a factor in not just one marijuana stock but many. For instance, when big news surfaces on federal reform over the last few years if it’s been positive the sector begins to climb. Now in the event, the industry news that comes out is something negative it can lead to a decline.
So an example of this would be if a company misses earnings projections or if several states fail to legalize cannabis this can also impact the sector. You want to learn the trading environment of marijuana stocks and follow the system that investors are using to make money. Even in a volatile sector like marijuana stocks, there is a way to profit if done correctly. So for those who are looking for marijuana stocks to watch the companies below could be several to consider having in your portfolio.
Marijuana Stocks For Your Investment Portfolio
- Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. (NYSE:IIPR)
- AFC Gamma, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFCG)
- Power REIT (NYSE:PW)
Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc.
Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. is a self-advised Maryland corporation focused on the acquisition, ownership, and management of specialized properties leased to experienced, state-licensed operators for their regulated medical-use cannabis facilities. In recent news, the company declared 3rd quarter 2022 dividends. Q3 2022 Cash Dividend of $1.80 per Common Share Contributes to an Aggregate of $6.80 per Common Share for the Twelve Months Ending September 30, 2022, Up $1.34, or 25%, Over the Twelve Months Ended September 30, 2021.
Additionally, IIP announced that its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.5625 per share of IIP’s 9.00% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock. The dividends are payable on October 14, 2022, to stockholders of record at the close of business on September 30, 2022.
AFC Gamma, Inc.
AFC Gamma, Inc. originates, structures, underwrites and invests in senior secured loans, and other types of loans and debt securities. Mainly for established companies operating in the cannabis industry in states that have legalized medicinal and/or adult-use cannabis. On September 15th the company as well reported its 3rd quarter dividends.
The Board of Directors of AFC Gamma declared a quarterly dividend of $0.56 for the quarter ending September 30, 2022, per outstanding share of common stock, payable on October 14, 2022, to the common stockholders of record on September 30, 2022. The September quarterly dividend represents a 30.2% year-over-year dividend increase.
Power REIT is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns real estate related to infrastructure assets. These assets include properties for Controlled Environment Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Transportation.
Corporate Updates And Key Mentions
- During the second quarter of 2022, the Trust reported a Core FFO of $0.41 per share. In comparison to a Core FFO per share of $0.51 for the comparable period in 2021.
- Core FFO for the period ended June 30, 2022, of $0.41 per share compares to $0.40 per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2022.
- On May 1, 2022, PW CO CanRE MF LLC (“CanRE MF”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Trust, entered into a new triple-net lease (the “EB Lease”) with Elevate & Bloom, LLC.
- On June 1, 2022, PW CO CanRE Apotheke LLC amended its lease with Dom F LLC. Which is to provide $364,650 for additional improvements to the property. As well as to restructure the timing of lease payments.
- On June 1, 2022, PW CO CanRE Grail LLC amended its lease with The Sandlot, LLC. A venture done to restructure the timing of the rent payments. But the total straight-line rent over the life of the lease is unchanged. Also, an additional guarantor was added to the lease.
- On June 27, 2022, PW MI CanRE Marengo LLC entered into a lease amendment with Marengo Cannabis LLC. This was to push out rent commencement to Q1 2023 to reflect the uncertainty around the timing of cannabis licensing.